About ... Theatre Planning
Any successful venue begins with careful consideration of the owner’s vision, necessary programming elements, project budget, and a host of additional factors. Putting all of these in context and providing perspective on behalf of the owner and end users is a critical role we fill by supporting the design team. As we like to say, earlier is better! Opportunities for synergy and effective solutions diminish as the project moves forward through design phases.
We can provide support to the design team with our valuable experience in the following subjects:
- Area programming, adjacencies, and volumes
- Stage and production ergonomics
- Audience chamber shaping, sight-line analysis, seating strategy, and accessibility
- Front-of-house circulation, interface with audience and back-of-house spaces, and ergonomics
- Code support related to public assembly and theatrical venue types